Sunday, March 09, 2014
Pulut Panggang or locally known as Pulut Lepa. This dish consists of glutinous rice lightly flavoured with coconut milk and wrapped in banana leaves, then barbecued to perfection.
The cooked glutinous rice has a filling mixture of grated coconut flesh and fish fillet which make this 'kuih' one of the most favorite one. Best eaten hot for breakfast or during afternoon tea.
1kg glutinous rice(soaked overnight)
300 ml coconut milk (mixed with 1 tbsp salt)
30 pieces of banana leaves
Concoction of fish meat with grated coconut & grilled
1. Steam glutinous rice for 30 mins
2. Stir in coconut milk
3. Cover rice with banana leaves for 30 mins
4. Prepare two pieces banana leaves and spoon 2 tbsp of glutinous rice
5. Flatten and place 1 tsp of 'sambal ikan' or grilled fish meat in the middle of the rice
6. Roll glutinous rice and wrap with banana leaves
7. Secure ends with toothpick and grill in oven or charcoal grill for 10-15 mins
|Kuala||Pengadang Baru Weekend Market (Tuesday)|
|Terengganu||Panji Alam Weekend Market (Thursday)|
|Batu Burok Hawker Centre (Friday)|
|Pasar Payang Central Market|
|Cabang Tiga Market|
|Marang||Kg. Kelulut Weekend Market (Saturday)|
|Dungun||Kuala Dungun Weekend Market (Thursday)|
|Kemaman||Kerteh (Tuesday), Kemasik (Sunday, Wednesday), Chukai (Tuesday)|
|Alongside Geliga Beach|
Develop by Unit Pengurusan Maklumat Negeri (UPMN) for Tourism Terengganu,Terengganu Darul Iman, Copyright © , 2011. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer : Tourism Terengganu and UPMN in not liable for any loss or damage caused by the use information or from detect or error in the content of this website.