Thursday, December 05, 2013
2 kg medium sized squids
3 tablespoon of glutinous rice, soak for ½ hour and strain
2 coconuts, grated, extract cream and milk
50 gm shallot, thinly sliced
1 inch ginger, julienned
½ teaspoon fenugreek (halba), soak in water and strain
Salt and sugar to taste
1. To prepare the squid, slowly pull out the head and discard the backbone and ink bag. Do not wash out the roe. Peel away the red skin until the squid is white in color (the red skin of the squid can stain the gravy).
2. Fill 1/3 of the squid cavity with glutinous rice and pour a teaspoon of coconut cream flavoured with a dash of salt.
3. Secure the squid with a toothpick and steam for 45 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, boil the coconut milk (second extraction).
5. Add the steamed squid into the gravy, followed by shallots, ginger and fenugreek.
6. Pour in the remaining coconut cream while stirring continously.
7. Thicken the gravy with some rice flour.
8. Season with salt and sugar according to taste and Ketupat Sotong is ready to be served.
Where To Eat
|Kuala||Pengadang Baru Weekend Market (Tuesday)|
|Terengganu||Panji Alam Weekend Market (Thursday)|
|Batu Burok Hawker Centre (Friday)|
|Marang||Kg. Kelulut Weekend Market (Saturday)|
|Dungun||Kuala Dungun Weekend Market (Thursday)|
|Kemaman||Kerteh (Tuesday), Kemasik (Sunday, Wednesday), s s sChukai (Tuesday)|
Develop by Unit Pengurusan Maklumat Negeri (UPMN) for Tourism Terengganu,Terengganu Darul Iman, Copyright © , 2011. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer : Tourism Terengganu and UPMN in not liable for any loss or damage caused by the use information or from detect or error in the content of this website.