Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Laksam is one of Terengganu's delicious, mouth-watering local delicacies. It's a different kind of laksa or noodles compared to Penang Assam Laksa, Laksa Sarawak or any other kind of laksa from other states in Malaysia. Laksam of Terengganu is a delightful yet simple dish, prepared using either wheat and rice flours. The mixture are thinly spread, rolled and sliced between 2 cm into the bowl. The gravy is made from fish meat which is boiled, pureed, and later mixed with coconut milk.
500 gm rice flour
1 cup rice
1 tbsp corn flour
½ tbsp sago flour
Pinch of salt
Oil for greasing
1. Blend ingredients and strain. The consistency must be thick enough to steam
and does not break, similar to pancake texture.
2. Grease dinner plate and steam until hot.
3. Remove from steamer, pour batter onto hot plate.
4. Return to steamer and steam for 10 mins.
5. Once cooked, lift off plate and roll up
6. Cut at a slant into required size.
1 tsp black pepper
1 inch ginger, bruised
1 dried tamarind
Salt and sugar to taste
1. Grate coconut. Add a little lukewarm and extract (by squeezing) 1 litre coconut milk.
2. Add ingredients into coconut milk.
3. Allow to cook over slow heat.
4. Turn off the heat when it starts to boil and season to taste.
Laksam is served with this gravy and Ulam-Ulam (eatable raw vegetables) and ground fresh chillies, shrimp paste and lime juice.
Sliced mint leaves (daun kesom)
Slice basil leaves (daun kemangi)
Long beans finely cut
Sliced torch ginger bud (bunga kantan)
Cut the dough about 1 cm thick. Put it into a bowl with some grinded vegetables. Then, pour the hot gravy and some shrimp paste spicy dish ("sambal belacan")
Where To Eat
|Kuala||Pengadang Baru Weekend Market (Tuesday)|
|Terengganu||Panji Alam Weekend Market (Thursday)|
|Batu Burok Hawker Centre (Friday)|
|Pasar Payang Central Market|
|Cabang Tiga Market|
|Marang||Kg. Kelulut Weekend Market (Saturday)|
|Dungun||Kuala Dungun Weekend Market (Thursday)|
|Kemaman||Kerteh (Tuesday), Kemasik (Sunday, Wednesday), Chukai (Tuesday)|
Develop by Unit Pengurusan Maklumat Negeri (UPMN) for Tourism Terengganu,Terengganu Darul Iman, Copyright © , 2011. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer : Tourism Terengganu and UPMN in not liable for any loss or damage caused by the use information or from detect or error in the content of this website.